Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SharePoint: Output caching not retrieving pages from cache

Symptom:

for subsequent requests, you see the date in the output page (right click IE page, View Source, etc) updated (it should remain constant for the period of time page in cache is not invalidated):

>>> Rendered using cache profile:Public Internet (Purely Anonymous) at: 2008-09-16T12:59:31

Solution:

This issue may happen for requests that include query strings, like '?var=val'.

Go to http://your%20server/cache%20profiles/allitems.aspx, and set 'Vary by Query String Parameters' to the value of the query param (in the example above, 'var') for the appropriate cache profiles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say
that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

My page: www.maps.org